Matt Soar, who attended the “hack a map” workshop yesterday sent along this news item. It describes an app, Sukey, developed to assist UK student protesters, deal with the kettling strategies being used by the police. In addition to telling students where police have congregated, and how they are kettling, it now includes a function for a text message dialogue between police and demonstrators to avoid unnecessary violence.
- Out on the town, always online
- SIS Seminar Series: Smart Mobile Devices: A New Direction for Augmentative and Alternative Communication?
- Women in Digital Media conference
- LGBT Youth of Color and Mobile Media
- Article: Village Phone Program, Commodification Of Mobile Phone Set And Empowerment Of Women